The leaves seem ready to change but there’s still time to capture one last summer BBQ and Chef Brian Parks has the perfect music mix to say farewell to those hot, steamy days. Parks believes food and music belong together…
1. Summertime Rolls – Jane’s Addiction
2. Electric Music and the Summer People – Beck
3. Mr Brightside – The Killers
4. Summer – Modest Mouse
5. Hot in Here – Nelly
6. Ocean – A Place to Bury Strangers
7. Summertime – The Zombies
8. Drop it Like it’s Hot – Snoop Dogg
9. Summer Love – DJ Nasty/Justin Timberlake
10. Hot Hot Summer Day – Sugarhill Gang
11. Under the Boardwalk – The Drifters
12. Like Swimming – Morphine
13. It’s Summer Time – Flaming Lips
Many chefs attribute their culinary career to the inspiration of their families, but Brian Parks began his cooking career because he wanted a job that gave him the chance to ski. Brian began in the mountains of Colorado and then spent 8 years in New York City cooking at high profile restaurants, such as the BBQ joint Blue Smoke and Mario Batali’s Spanish-inspired Casa Mono. It was during his years at Casa Mono, working with Chef/Partner Andy Nusser, that he found a love for the flavors of Spain. After leaving Casa Mono, he helmed the stoves as chef at Buceo 95, an Upper West Side tapas and wine bar.
After moving to Seattle with his wife Jenny, Chef Parks most recently was Chef d’Cuisine at Quinn’s Pub on Capitol Hill and is currently the proprietor of Spanish Caravan Catering, a catering company featuring food and cooking styles of the Iberian Peninsula. For more information on Chef Brian Parks and Spanish Caravan Catering, visit www.spanishcaravancatering.com.